#1August 30th, 2005 · 07:20 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
The Wah Effect

This song is not in a battle

Okay so I just got my brand new effects pedal and was just testing out some of the effects when i realised that using all these different effects would drastically improve some songs i wrote so i tried the riff of one song with a bit of another and so on an found they fitted perfect and here's it so far. Its not that long and I am still working on it but tell me what you think so far.
I would also like to point out that at no point are any loops used.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 30th, 2005 · 08:02 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
you're definitely right, a pedal can do some pretty cool stuff--just don't fall into a trap of overuse.  if done nicely, pedal effects can do some amazing things to the tone of the song.

i would only advise that you make sure that structure of the song (in terms of chords and such) are lost when pedal-ing i know how easy it is to make two low strings sound really full when on distortion, but if that's the only thing driving the song, then it just gives the song this ... this... void of satisfaction to the listener.  I'm a big fan of distortion, but just make sure you know how to take care of business before throwing heavy pedal usage into the mix.

anyway, i don't mean to rip on you at all.  i'm just pointing this out in a sense of caution

anyway the part at about 0:45 sounds a bit overcomplicated--it may be because the low and high notes aren't quite in the same scale..

i'll be interested to hear what might come of this though   keep rockin out, man

TLS
#3August 30th, 2005 · 08:19 AM
10 threads / 9 songs
44 posts
United States of America
Sounds fun
I bet you had lots of fun doing this...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.