#1August 29th, 2005 · 10:58 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
21 posts
United States of America
NSNT

This song is not in a battle

This was one of the first songs I recorded. I did not use very high-tech equipment at all... just a standard computer mic I got at Radio Shack and a copy of Acid Music. The drums are loops which I added in, but I played guitar and trumpet on the song. I know it is very simple and may not be fantastic, but I would like to hear what people think about it.

There are no lyrics, it is instrumental.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 29th, 2005 · 04:00 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
similar set up to myself...
Great work with what you have. Try dropping nearly everything out and building it back in once in a while... kinds of breaks up things that are otherwise repetative.
#3August 30th, 2005 · 05:49 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
I love the trumpet even though it's off key a lot haha, I think it sounds like it'd make an awesome theme to some indie film, especially if you can clean up the trumpet playing a bit.

cool tune man!
#4May 24th, 2006 · 07:59 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
I think you did a good job on this song  I like it

Ralph
#5May 24th, 2006 · 08:34 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
DUDE
I like it....

This is really cool..... Way better than my first submission to the site.....

My setup is still pretty much exactly what you are using, only I use Audacity Software, and my mic is an $8 nady Dynamic vocal mic, from Musicians freind.... 

This is awesome.....  I love the trumpet, and the way you panned the trumpet and the main guitar... awesome....  

The panned deums with the cymbal crashes on the flip side, great job...  really neat idea..

Have I said I like it?

It's the Cat's pajamas...

Jim K
#6May 24th, 2006 · 10:12 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Are you going to go back and record this again. I really like the chord progression
If you could nail  down the pitch on the trumpet that would be cool.  then tear it up some with a badass trumpet solo( I kinda bored with the whole guitar solo thing in every freakin
 song on the radio, almost). Man I hear alot of possibilities. / three female vocal harmonies
traveling contrary motion to the the chord progression, maybe?. Just stuff I'm hearing IMO might be cool.   very good job
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.