#1August 28th, 2005 · 02:57 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
Kelso

This song is not in a battle

im not quite sure what to say, i wrote this in like like progessivly through the day and i recorded it like in five minutes its about my girl friend thats why its called kelso, cause she lives there, so im not sure what you will think but hey, might as well find out so any feedback would be appreiated

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 28th, 2005 · 03:14 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
needs work

esp. on the vox
#3August 28th, 2005 · 03:16 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
yeah i no i just can't be bothered using effects, or properly doing it, i have everything i need im just really really lasy, but i the lyrics need some work as well,
#4August 28th, 2005 · 03:57 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
heheh... ok... so you're self admittedly a lazy bastard LOL

so, maybe you could/should/would change that

i mean, part of the point of this forum is to help you make better music... and if changing your lazy bastard status would help your music, then you might want to think about doing that... anyway, only if you aren't too lazy to become un-lazy, hehehe

also, I didn't say anything about using effects... effects aren't gonna help the fact that this song kinda sucks as it stands... so let me get specific

in particular, you need (like most people) vocal strength training. actually we all need it. even professional singers have to stay "in shape" when it comes to vocal strength. your voice is currently very weak. that's not an insult, it's just the truth. I can tell because I can hear how you use it. You've got to NAIL those notes like you really mean it, and to do that, you need good vocal muscles.

also, specifically... your guitar playing needs work... it's called your guitar chops... you also need strength training in your fingers and wrists. I can tell because I can hear how you play. The strings are very muffled and the chords end up being choppy instead of ringing out. The rhythm is also a bit off as well. Essentially you either aren't or can't press down your strings hard enough. My guess is that the action on your guitar is a little too high for you. The weight/height/feel of the action really shouldn't be an issue though, you should be able to play a guitar with virtually any type of action.

as far as your lyrics go, I don't know... i didn't really pay much attention to them because there were other overriding issues with your performance which distracted me from them and which need to be fixed before the lyrics are even worth taking notice of.

keep working, and quit being a lazy bastard!
#5August 28th, 2005 · 09:59 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
Man, thank you, i wasnt expecting you to get spcific but that really does help, i mean im not using this as an excuse but the guitar is 30 years old the freghts are getting worn and it sounds like a phone ringing sometimes which is a bit annoying, anyways i'll probally try to improve it later today, really thanks for the hep
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.