1 2 3 4

#1August 28th, 2005 · 07:14 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
A pocket moon
Score: 88.0%
Battle: 2007-01

Hope noone asks me what this song is about - I wish I knew what I ment.

There's only my classic guitar in it.

Hope it doesn't bore you.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 28th, 2005 · 07:41 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Nothing more to say. Excellent...!
#3August 28th, 2005 · 08:00 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Another classic feeling tune! Love the vocal harmonies in the oo's and ah's.
Nice quality recording. What is your setup?
And I love the lyrics. Added it to my playlist.
#4August 28th, 2005 · 08:14 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
RE
Well, thanks very much. I'm glad you like it. I use Edit Cool Pro, a Tapco 8-track mixer and a comdenser mic (the only on I have ).

As for the lyrics, I really have no idea what I ment, probably to find you own way of doing things, and stay away form ripping ideas off other people (hope you get it in the same way).
English is not my native language, so please tell me why you like the words.
#5August 28th, 2005 · 01:23 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
damn, kid... that's some good shit... for those who care... and I do know what you meant hehe, cuz if you don't know what you mean... I'm telling you, lol... no really, the reason I liked your lyrics so much is because they sound good, they're interesting to listen to, and I was able to find something in my life which I can use to identify with them... that's why I liked your lyrics... anyway, here's what they are and what they mean

round of the fire place
whatever you're going back to
line up whoever you are

fly by what's behind
whatever it's goin back from here out
cuz you don't wanna loose your way
your ways
your way

round of the fire place
line up whoever you are

find out what's ahead
whatever you're going back from here out
cuz I don't wanna loose my way
my ways
my way

the moon is in my pocket
the money's in my shoe
there's too much to tell you
any way I do

won't you get that clue?

round of the fire place
line up whoever you are

find out what's ahead
whatever you're going back from here out
cuz I don't wanna loose my way
my ways
my way

the moon's not in my pocket
the better one you do
there's not much to tell you
any way it's through

did you get the clue?

I think they're pretty self explanatory, but I could read a lot into them, they could and or can mean a number of things whether you intended those things when you wrote them or not.

To me, I get the image of taking time out of life to rest and reflect on one's journey, taking care to figure out exactly what one wants out of life and where one wants to go.

hence "round of the fire place, line up whoever you are"

then you take note of where you've been and where you wanna go

"fly by what's behind... find out what's ahead"

and then it's out on the road, onto your journey... I get the image of a guy with a backpack and his life savings in his shoe walking down the road in the middle of the night... with his good friend the moon... a friend so close he's practically "in my pocket"... because it's a familar place for that person to be... on the road at night

"there's too much to tell you"

well duh, hehehe, lol... if you had to give us your life story it'd take a whole book, so you do what you can... and yes... I got that clue

now we come to the end of the song... the journey is over and the new resting place has been found... "the moon's not in my pocket" anymore as in I'm no longer the night traveler and "the better one you do" meaning I'm doing better now, or I'm doing the better thing than just doing the journey... in other words now I'm out of limbo and into the better place, which is the place where my vision took me - I'm where I want to be.

so... "there's not much to tell you" ... cuz I'm here... and it was my journey, and you're not me... so go get your own journey

that may or may not have been what you intended out of your lyrics.... but that's what I got... sort of a drifter/traveler/find your own way kind of song

I love it... I think the lyrics are great... they mean a lot to me, and the beauty of good lyrics is that they can probably mean something totally different to someone else... great song man, you're one of the better posters on this board, easily
#6August 28th, 2005 · 02:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
not exatly my style of music but thats really good, sounds really original. nothing more to say than keep up the good work
#7August 28th, 2005 · 03:31 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Right on Eth
#8September 12th, 2005 · 05:06 AM
42 posts
Finland
Wow!! Wonderful, high quality stuff. You got my 100%.
#9January 18th, 2006 · 12:08 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Belgium
I really like this song,chill music it has some sounds that reminds me at oasis don't know why it just makes me think about them
#10January 18th, 2006 · 09:55 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Just came across this song, as I'm new here.  I would hardly call it boring.  I really liked the vocals... It's a bit depressing (to me) that the lyrics, which you admit are a mystery even to yourself, are still better than anything I've come up with for quite some time.  (And English is my first language!)   
Well done.  Thanks.
#11January 19th, 2006 · 10:50 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Good song. McCartneylike voice and melody. As to the lyrics...well, listen to some of the Lennon's--not everything has to make sense.  Goes to my playlist.
#12January 23rd, 2006 · 10:30 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Ha, wow... I just said that aobut JBP having a McCartney like voice before!

- Chester
#13January 25th, 2006 · 11:56 PM
2 posts
United States of America
Well iam not going to guess at what you ment by the lyrics but they go very well with the chords you chose nicly done
#14January 26th, 2006 · 01:10 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
going for a song
i think i am your fan
#15January 26th, 2006 · 10:02 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Great tune. The harmonies and fingerpicking really add a lot. I'll have to check out more...
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.