#1August 26th, 2005 · 09:51 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
Jump In TheWater

This song is not in a battle

This was an attempt to explain how I see the Gi hara (force) that binds us all but we have choose to participate in life or we might as well be dead

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2005 · 10:24 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow!  that's a lot of neat sounds

the whole thing should be slightly de-amplified because i can hear where the sounds are going off the scale and cracking up a bit.  mainly it's the voice and the harmonica

but it's still fantastic!

this normally isn't my style at all, musically, but as i've said to someone else on here recently, i can certainly realize the artistic expression behind it.

very nice piano.  very cool.

very full sounds, that's wonderful.

this sounds a bit like a live recording maybe.  is it?  i don't particular care one way or another, i'm just curious.  well, i'd believe if it wasn't live.

well, to sum it up in one word:

nice. 

my only complaint is that it cuts short.  at ... 4:38 to be exact.  it didnt' sound like that was supposed to happen
#3August 26th, 2005 · 10:47 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
Water
very nice piano.  very cool.

Yes my piano at that time was Eric Olson...he now plays on cruise ships and studies "sound reproduction"  he recorded this at a Club runby a local radio station YES FM

very full sounds, that's wonderful.

this sounds a bit like a live recording maybe.  is it?

Yes

i don't particular care one way or another, i'm just curious.  well, i'd believe if it wasn't live. well, to sum it up in one word: nice.

Thanx

my only complaint is that it cuts short.  at ... 4:38 to be exact.  it didnt' sound like that was supposed to happen

Yes, we cut it to 7 min for YesFM, it was originally 11:02'

Could have editted it some, I may have lost a bit on upload to this site...it runs through the end to a concert finish...oh, I have a kool lead too, bummer...have to show off another day...
#4August 26th, 2005 · 10:56 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha   i didn't expect it to be an 11 minute song!  hehe, that's cool though.

is the full version anywhere that i could listen to, uncut?  i'm sorta interested to hear it all the way through
#5August 26th, 2005 · 03:58 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Hey... whoever the guy is singing falsetto "Jump in the water" A. has pretty good singing chops and B. has a good ear to sing that high and in tune.... yes it is repetitive, but that is the nature of the beast and it is built nicely around the solos of piano... also great chops and the other instruments.  Good representation of the genre... not my cup of tea.
#6August 29th, 2005 · 11:30 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
re:Jump
the back up singer is Todd Gagne, from Waterville, OH...he did the harp work too...we were partners in the Theo Rane (2BContinued-1999 & Riddem 2 Dis Life-2000) projects for about 6 years...but, we drifted apart, he really needed to get his own group going so he did

Catfish116
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.