#1August 21st, 2005 · 03:54 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
the first one

This song is not in a battle

hey, this is my first ever fully recorded song. its all done on my pc, through my amp, a mixer, and thru the line in.(so plz bear with me through that) some spots my seem very drawn out, but thats bc the lyrics i wrote go there...unfortunately i can't sing, so gonna have to wait to put those in. i need LOTS of advice on playing, recording....ANYTHING!! :-P. thx a lot fo listenin.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 21st, 2005 · 03:56 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
forgot to add that the whole song was recorded in an hour, no mastering, or added fx besides the amp.
#3August 22nd, 2005 · 07:16 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
Malaysia
re: the first one
not bad at all, but if other instruments added,(drum,bass etc.), this song could be lively and sound better.
#4August 23rd, 2005 · 02:32 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I like it mate, it has a nice chilled sound!

Constructive criticism:

Fix whatever that horrendous buzzing is...you have a loose connection somewhere!

Your playing seems fine!

The lead guitar is too loud and pushes the track into clipping (digital distortion). Watch your recording levels closely and wherever possible get a compressor in-line for electric guitar unless you have the dynamic control of a blues god (this style of guitar work needs compression anyway to be honest).

Overall, I like it - and I look forward to seeing this developed into a full song when you find a vocalist and work on some more ambitious production

Peace and
#5August 23rd, 2005 · 05:15 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Nice melodic chilled out track, nice chord progessions. The playing is fine, and for an hours work it's pretty good!

Spend a little more time on the production and it will probably sound more lively. Could develop into something really cool. Try and get someone to sing aswell (yeh, I can hardly talk as I have the same problem).
#6September 5th, 2005 · 06:06 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
thx
#7September 5th, 2005 · 08:54 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
The sound of the rhythm guitar is very nice, the arpeggios youve chosen fit well and create a very good ambient.
Although I must say I would erase the solo and try again, its pretty off beat and insecure and badly distorted.
But once again its a very good idea you had in mind if you just could improve the performance would be great.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.