#1August 21st, 2005 · 03:44 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
21 posts
France
Mi religión

This song is not in a battle

This is the first demo I made a few weeks ago, and at the same time, the first song I wrote in spanish.
Not really fitting with the very "pop & rock style" of most of you here, but music is diversity, so I'll share it with you anyway.
As most of my songs, it's inspired a lot by spanish underground pop-electro bands.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 21st, 2005 · 06:28 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
As with your other song Dime I find the vocals on the verses to have a very "spoken" quality. This may or may not be what you intended, but for my personal aesthetic I'd rather hear you sing the verses in a manner more like the chorus. You can still sing with that natural close up vocal sound but include more overall sustain to your voice without sacrificing that spoken feel. The intro bass line doesn't seem to make sense to me harmony wise. I could just be ignorant, but to my ear it doesn't sound "right" and also the very first few seconds of vocals over that intro bass line don't seem to fit very well. Again I could just be ignorant, but either you need to re-think the harmony of the bass, or you need to re-track the intro vocals. It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't sound right either. Other than that, the percussion in this song was much more listenable than in Dime and this is a pretty solid composition overall. I'm not entirely familiar with this genre but I can hear the echo's of where it comes from, rather unique style that we don't hear very often in the USA.
#3August 22nd, 2005 · 02:54 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
cool stuff man! Not what I'm usually into but I liked the fact that I didn't understand the lyrics It allowed me to focus more on the song itself.
#4August 25th, 2005 · 08:56 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
21 posts
France
One more, thank you Enthen considering the bass line, I understan what you mean. The fact is that I built the entire verse on a bit strange structure: 4+2 times, which does not fit with the "easy-listening" and common "4 times" structure! Oh, I did not do that just to feel smarter than anyone! :p it was just the solution I found to make my verse flow naturally, and I guess it was the way I "heard it in my head" before recording it.
#5August 25th, 2005 · 11:02 AM
i like it great quality
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.