i am no good

This song is not in a battle

a little blues/rock song we wrote last year ck it out

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2005 · 03:03 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
i like how the lyrics move from you being "no good" to "so good" hehehe...

the intro wah-wah guitar riff is a little out of time...

overall I'd say this is decent... i mean I liked it... one of the better offerings here on bandamp... and it sounds as if you guys might be *gasp* and actual band instead of a guy and a computer... not to diss that guy and his computer, cuz some great music gets made that way... but it's nice to see what appears to be a real band...

anyway... on the down side, i find the song to be a little predictable... it's just some good o'l blues and there's nothing really wrong with that... you guys play it well, but my aesthetic usually leans towards something more than the blues these days...

the guitar solo is good, but it also suffers from what i call the "stutter" effect... it's just not as slick and polished as it could be, and it sorta gets stuck on a note in some spots where my ear would like to hear it go in a different direction...

other than those two minor things... good job... I'm sure you guys rock 'em at the bar or where ever you play... a little professional studio work could help you guys a lot... consider saving up about $3000 and investing in a real pro-recording... they're not all that expensive these days

keep rockin in the free world
#3October 7th, 2005 · 08:58 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Wow sounds like some good recording quality there, I know pro-recording would help but I think you have the recording bit down to quite an art there.  I can see where entheon is coming from saying its "decent... i mean I liked it... one of the better offerings here on bandamp"  but I think my judgement here is being tricked.  By that I mean its all too easy when listening to this to start judging it against proffesional artists because of the band feeling and good sound quality, rather than most of the other artists on this site.  So as far as it goes, I think this is some of the best stuff on here, albeit a bit repetitive but hey, I wouldn't expect much more out of the proffesional industry.  Great job lads!
#4October 13th, 2005 · 05:19 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
17 posts
Canada
oyoy
t'kumlups t-ien eshba'n
#5October 14th, 2005 · 07:35 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
sounds good man...tight..well put together
rock on
#6October 15th, 2005 · 09:02 AM
2 threads
10 posts
United States of America
Not bad
Try picking up the tempo a bit.  Sounds a bit lazy.
I wouldn't call it  blues.  This is not blues.
#7January 23rd, 2006 · 10:15 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
real good
now this is what i thirst for,real feel,real music from the heart.nothing fancy,straight blues tune,the way it should be done!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.