#1August 18th, 2005 · 02:34 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Clarinet Carousel

This song is not in a battle

This is the full version of 19:15 Keyboard 14, for the clarinet. I recorded it on my mp3 player, so I apologize for the quality of the sound. Hope you like it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 8th, 2005 · 11:01 PM
4 posts
United States of America
not bad/not gud
#3September 9th, 2005 · 06:46 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United Kingdom
You obviously don't know a lot about clarinet compositions "Asidic". This piece was obviously a study piece, meaning that it's meant to be played on the clarinet with no other parts (piano accompaniments etc). The sound quality is bad, but the poor lad can't help it! He's only 15, and so hasn't got a job, and can't make any money to buy any proper recording equipment. I think it's a brill composition, so well done to you "Petermoncrieff"!
#4September 11th, 2005 · 04:15 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I agree with asidic. Altough I must say there were parts which were quite nice. However I really don't think that the piece can stand as a solo as mask2morrow states. I may not knwo about clarient music. But I defintely have heard enough to know whether it should or should not be accompanied by other instruments.

I really think that you can add some piano to it. The part at 1:20 is awesome. However the couple of notes at 1:25 are really awful no disrespect. But they are.

Otherwise the sounds pretty nice. Kind of reminds you of Fiddler on the Roof. Keep it up. And for god sakes dont be so touchy.
#5September 11th, 2005 · 05:21 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hate to say it, but expressively this sounds like something better suited to the recorder than the clarinet.

Composition is sound as a practise piece, though. However, it got painful to listen to in my headphones and i had to turn it off. Needs EQ and compression badly!

In all, great for 15, but plenty for you to work on. Best of luck
#6September 12th, 2005 · 06:59 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
First of all thanks for the comments everyone! This is my FIRST EVER proper compesition, yeah I did "19 Keyboard 14 15" or whatever the hell I called it, but that was really just a little thing to test out the site. Anyways I don't know about anyone else, but I think that this song is a major improvement on my first song I posted! And, if you move the sound bar at the top from being at full volume down a bit to 1/4 volume then it sounds better. There are some really squeaky notes in there getting towards the high ones - probably because I needed a new reed. I got one now. I actually had one before, but I just didn't put it in. Oh well. This song doesn't really sound as good as it could sound, because I recorded it on my mp3 player. Most of you guys have got proper recording equipment, and here's me with my mp3 player! I like the minor section myself it starts at 1:05.

Songwriter wrote…
I agree with asidic. Altough I must say there were parts which were quite nice. However I really don't think that the piece can stand as a solo as mask2morrow states. I may not knwo about clarient music. But I defintely have heard enough to know whether it should or should not be accompanied by other instruments.

I really think that you can add some piano to it. The part at 1:20 is awesome. However the couple of notes at 1:25 are really awful no disrespect. But they are.

Otherwise the sounds pretty nice. Kind of reminds you of Fiddler on the Roof. Keep it up. And for god sakes dont be so touchy.

Well clarinet music doesn't ALWAYS have to be accompinied by another instrument. This piece was orignally going to be accompinied by a piano, but me and my music teacher decided that we didn't have enogh time to make a piano piece for it, so we made it a study piece which is without a piano or anything like "mask2morrow" said.

DaveUK wrote…
Hate to say it, but expressively this sounds like something better suited to the recorder than the clarinet.

Composition is sound as a practise piece, though. However, it got painful to listen to in my headphones and i had to turn it off. Needs EQ and compression badly!

In all, great for 15, but plenty for you to work on. Best of luck :)

Lol, I wouldn't be able to have reached all those high notes on a recorder though! And if it's so painfull as I can imagine, turn it down a bit at the top, I have to do that as well, I don't use headphones! But hey, that's the recording on my mp3 player for you!

Asidic wrote…
not bad/not gud

I know what you mean, and trust me it sounds loads better in real life!

I think my piece might would sound better with a piano part, but no time!

So, turn down the volume and tell me what you think!

I could do with some better recording equipment.... Well if anyone's willing to donate any money..........
#7September 12th, 2005 · 08:22 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I didn't mean that all clarinet music should be with piano. But I think this should be. But anyways it is your song. Keep up the good work.
#8September 14th, 2005 · 07:44 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
I'm loving this song, well done!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.