#1December 24th, 2013 · 08:55 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
As we wrap up 2013 and enter 2014, we all take pause to reflect on what's truly important. Bandamp is a rare international community of musicians and music enthusiasts. Here, we are able to experience relationships we might not otherwise. We are able to discover that, in a world that can seem so divided at times, we are able to find unity. Lasting friendships have (and will be) established here. To all Bandamp members (and anyone who might be a welcomed guest) Happy Holidays! Here's hoping this season finds you and yours peaceful, happy and healthy...and we look forward to seeing you in the coming New Year!!
#2December 24th, 2013 · 04:33 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Totally and unequivocally

A very joyous festive season to all ..... especially to all bandamparians everywhere

**image courtesy of www glogster com
#3December 26th, 2013 · 07:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Make it a good one - to ALL
Best wishes
#4January 1st, 2014 · 05:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I'm currently reading in on old Norse (Germanic) mythology and learned a lot about the traditions involving this time of year. Brings a whole new level of appreciation (and yes I already knew Christmas is really the old germanic Midwinter with a rather superficial Christian topping, the way we celebrate it, but it even goes much deeper than that... But one can explore that oneself).

So hope you all had a good one and all the best for 2014!
#5January 1st, 2014 · 09:48 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
I'm currently reading in on old Norse (Germanic) mythology and learned a lot about the traditions involving this time of year. Brings a whole new level of appreciation (and yes I already knew Christmas is really the old germanic Midwinter with a rather superficial Christian topping, the way we celebrate it, but it even goes much deeper than that... But one can explore that oneself).

Boy, have I missed hearing your take on things...good to see you and Happy New Year!
#6January 6th, 2014 · 06:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…

Go on 'en ..... give us some interesting bits then .......

I picked up something interesting about Christmas on Qi .... in the Dark ages children were beaten at Christmas ... to remind them of the children who died when Herod went looking for the 'baby king' .... it's also a handy one to know when dealing with unappreciative children of your own !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 1:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.