#1November 19th, 2013 · 01:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A word from our sponsor .....
Hmmm ... Happy new year 2013 still the top post, and it's the 19th of November 2013 !
Says a bit about how the site is these days ... quiet, for those who had not noticed.
It's been so quiet that the only person with any say in the matter, Mud, has again come to a point where he is thinking of 'letting the site go'.
If nothing further happens then that will eventually mean 'pulling the plug'.
On the other hand if we as members get together and organise something we could end up 'owning' the site ourselves.

So, there are options

Being a bandamp lover I'd really like to see this site alive again but as it stands we have no TK to update and service the site any more .... he cant log in, so it's just a site in limbo.
I have been communicating with Mud about the situation and it was his suggestion to move the site to a cheep server and 'we' take responsibility for it.
Now the 'we' I'm implying would be the members who wish to take some responsibility for the site, though at the moment there are but a couple who still report in at the forums.

Having let it all soak in for the past few weeks my own solution would be to take the site over myself from Mud, pay for it my self, then figure out how to get the donate button working again.
It's just that I'm not bandamp on my own, I am bandamp together with all the other users who have ever used and loved this site.
And I think I'd be lost for the first few years without TK anyway, that's how much he means to bandamp.

So what am I looking for here?

Questions, suggestions, ideas and support.

Otherwise I'm just letting you know the way things are ...
#2November 20th, 2013 · 10:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I believe the donation button is available through PayPal.
I'm happy donate - It will be nice to know the basic running cost.
#3November 21st, 2013 · 12:18 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Email All Members
Is there a way of emailing all members about this thread?
#4November 21st, 2013 · 03:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I suppose I could send out something to the top 30 members in the 'active list',
the question is .... do they want to know?

And anyway what can anyone do bar take over the whole site .... that's my conclusion any way.

We are not the only ones visiting bandamp ... but it's becoming that way.

As there's little else being offered from the site ..... updates, general forward movement etc, it's all up to the members who visit .... and that's all they can do, visit, post, go again.

I know you will donate and I know others will when the word gets out .... I have to make A Deal with M Deal ..... and then give members something to come here for.

Someone else could cut a deal with Mud, that's not the point .... the point is that we get access to the server, do some things that we've always talked about and then get shouting about it.

This is why I wish TK were around .... he does know how the site fits together.
#5December 1st, 2013 · 02:57 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: A word from our sponsor .....
kings wrote…
Hmmm ... Happy new year 2013 still the top post, and it's the 19th of November 2013 !
Says a bit about how the site is these days ... quiet, for those who had not noticed.
It's been so quiet that the only person with any say in the matter, Mud, has again come to a point where he is thinking of 'letting the site go'.
If nothing further happens then that will eventually mean 'pulling the plug'.
On the other hand if we as members get together and organise something we could end up 'owning' the site ourselves.

So, there are options

Being a bandamp lover I'd really like to see this site alive again but as it stands we have no TK to update and service the site any more .... he cant log in, so it's just a site in limbo.
I have been communicating with Mud about the situation and it was his suggestion to move the site to a cheep server and 'we' take responsibility for it.
Now the 'we' I'm implying would be the members who wish to take some responsibility for the site, though at the moment there are but a couple who still report in at the forums.

Having let it all soak in for the past few weeks my own solution would be to take the site over myself from Mud, pay for it my self, then figure out how to get the donate button working again.
It's just that I'm not bandamp on my own, I am bandamp together with all the other users who have ever used and loved this site.
And I think I'd be lost for the first few years without TK anyway, that's how much he means to bandamp.

So what am I looking for here?

Questions, suggestions, ideas and support.

Otherwise I'm just letting you know the way things are ...

Thanks for the information .... I will support if needed ... Of course... However I haven't got a tecky bone in my body .... Might TK be able or wish to help if the server did move??
Fish
#6December 1st, 2013 · 10:56 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Kings, although I'm not as active as I was before in this site (more like a ghost). I would be happy to make a 25$ monthly commitment with you to help share the server's cost. I can send it as a donation or to a bandamp pay pal account...
#7December 1st, 2013 · 04:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Guys, yes I know you will support the site .... you and a few others ..... it's in the nature of bandamp and it's users.

Christmas is coming up, I will have more time on my hands, let me plan it in and centre my self on the whole ....... will let you know when something materializes .... other wise in actual fact it's business as usual

Tune in next week folks .... if we're still here then you know it's all right

#8December 11th, 2013 · 07:28 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Guys, yes I know you will support the site .... you and a few others ..... it's in the nature of bandamp and it's users.

Christmas is coming up, I will have more time on my hands, let me plan it in and centre my self on the whole ....... will let you know when something materializes .... other wise in actual fact it's business as usual

;)

call me after dec 21st ....on Skype 
please
#9December 12th, 2013 · 07:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
swordfish wrote…
kings wrote…

;)

call me after dec 21st ....on Skype 
please

Shall do ....
You've got my number John, and I'm usually around.
You can also give me a call when your ready...... not too late of course.

A small update : I'm still in the emailing stage with Mud trying to figure out a correct plan of action.
And I've heard niks from TK ........ hope all is well in the freeworld.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 7:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.