#1January 15th, 2012 · 05:21 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Bandamp against spammers
Some of you might have seen that Bandamp is under attack of spambots these days.
Mods and me have discussed this and we came to the result, that Bandamp's logon procedure should be modified and supported by a captcha software.
To make this possible we have to update our PHP configuration at first. I really don't know the server's reaction. So I want you to know that Bandamp might not be available when I click the update button maybe for a couple of hours or days.
When this procedure has successfully finished I will post on here. But then some more updates are necessary.

You can reach me on Skype under tritonk
#2January 15th, 2012 · 05:55 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Dont forget that you can also log on at the bandAmpEmergency forum , if you are not already registered you'll have to do so, use your bandAMP name and we will all know who you are ... registrations do have to be accepted and passed by Admin ... because of all the latest spam on line.
#3January 15th, 2012 · 06:21 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Dont forget that you can also log on at the bandAmpEmergency forum , if you are not already registered you'll have to do so, use your bandAMP name and we will all know who you are ... registrations do have to be accepted and passed by Admin ... because of all the latest spam on line.
I've tried to log in - So I assume You have to accept me? Not clear how this works, the forum shows I'm a new member, but can't post anything...
#4January 15th, 2012 · 10:05 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
I've tried to log in - So I assume You have to accept me? Not clear how this works, the forum shows I'm a new member, but can't post anything... :roll:
I'll have a look .... I've been locking it down in different ways to stop spammers.
#5January 15th, 2012 · 10:17 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Excellent!!!
#6January 15th, 2012 · 11:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
I've tried to log in - So I assume You have to accept me? Not clear how this works, the forum shows I'm a new member, but can't post anything... :roll:
Un-locked ..... there's a function to register vis admin but it did not seem to work so I've activated the 'math question'.
#7January 15th, 2012 · 01:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Un-locked ..... there's a function to register vis admin but it did not seem to work so I've activated the 'math question'.
Your maths is cool - I've posted something on the Emergency Forum, it's working....hoooray 
One Question how we access it if bandAMP goes down? Valid point....eh
#8January 15th, 2012 · 01:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Your maths is cool - I've posted something on the Emergency Forum, it's working....hoooray 
One Question how we access it if bandAMP goes down? Valid point....eh 8)
Not really a valid point ... the server it is on has nothing to do with bandAMP, it's served from Worcestershire or somewhere on my account ... I put it up there when I was trying out forum scripts .... it had a reason then as it does now ... a place for the poor bandamp souls to gather to hear more if/when bandamp.com is off the air
#9January 15th, 2012 · 02:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Not really a valid point ... the server it is on has nothing to do with bandAMP, it's served from Worcestershire or somewhere on my account ... I put it up there when I was trying out forum scripts .... it had a reason then as it does now ... a place for the poor bandamp souls to gather to hear more if/when bandamp.com is off the air
So how do you access it when the AMP is down? I assume we would need to access your website which I believe is kingsonone.com - I don't think I explained myself proper, init..lol
#10January 16th, 2012 · 05:02 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I made me an account! huzzah!
#11January 16th, 2012 · 06:41 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
So how do you access it when the AMP is down? I assume we would need to access your website which I believe is kingsonone.com - I don't think I explained myself proper, init..lol

hmmmm. Heavy question.... Thinking about that leads me to this question: "Why does http://www.fbi.gov/ work when Bandamp.com is down?"
#12January 16th, 2012 · 03:26 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Adding a CAPTCHA to the signup instead of the login makes a bit more sense.  Recaptcha is a neat service, because it's actually using what we fill in, to decode books.

For the login—I have a little trick that I use for this (to make sure it's a human logging in), if someone wants to chat with me on Skype about this can explain in more detail (better to not give knowledge to the spam bots It's pretty slick, as the user doesn't realize it's happening.

I was wondering, did we ever get the $_SESSIONS worked out? Where the user gets logged out after a certain period of time, and needs to re-login?
#13January 17th, 2012 · 08:28 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
mud wrote…
I was wondering, did we ever get the $_SESSIONS worked out? Where the user gets logged out after a certain period of time, and needs to re-login?

yes this works
#14January 20th, 2012 · 10:09 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
TK lets do this amigo.Im with you.... the spam is taking its toll...So do what ever u got to do...Im 200% with you and will support as I can my friend!!!!
#15February 9th, 2012 · 08:54 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
PHP update has finished and works fine so far.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.