1 2 3 4

#16September 11th, 2006 · 09:44 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Guyfawkes...as far as I know..you can still get into Canada from the US without a passport if you are a US citizen...if you're coming in by plane from anywhere else, and you are not Canadian, then you definately need a passport....I don't think you need a visa as well...

Taka...the nearest airports to where I live are Buffalo and Toronto...both being about an hour drive away...there are shuttles from both of these airports to Niagara.

Moses - you'll have to do your own research on flight costs...check websites...usually you can find some pretty sweet deals....and as far as bitters go...we've got a local that has Teltley's bitter ale on tap.  And as for the fit birds...I'm sure you'll have no problem picking up the local ladies with your swoony british accent - Canadian girls dig guys with accents!
#17September 11th, 2006 · 10:44 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
I live in Masssachusetts. That's close man. Been wanting to get up that way again for years. We'd love to stop in and meet some of the creative crazies in person. I will have just gotten married so maybe my little pumpkin and I can take a second, consecutive honeymoon and swing by your place in the process. Any boat ramps near youir house?.. I gotta bring my boat wherever I freakin go. Sailing in Canada, Bandamp music orgy,  Yeah Baby! My nipples are bursting with excitement!
#18September 12th, 2006 · 09:23 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Loads of Boating
Hey Alerion, yep - there's a couple boat ramps in the area..what type of sailboat do you have?  This is a great area to sail at...I'm a member at the local Sailing Club..so maybe I could even hook you up with a dock for a few days.  If you've got a boat with a centreboard or swing keel, you could even beach it at my place!
#19September 12th, 2006 · 10:22 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Sweet!
You're a sailor??! Kick ass! That's two expensive, time consuming hobbies. What is wrong with us?
I have a small trailerable daysailer I designed and built . It's a hard-chined flat bottomed skiffy thing with a sprit rig (there's a pic in my album section). Easy to beach and fun to sail.
We camp a lot so if beach camping is possible, we're in heaven. I can drag some gear up too, if need be - amps, speakers.
Ok, now I'm getting stoked.
#20September 14th, 2006 · 03:18 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
This is starting to sound like the makings of a great party!
#21September 14th, 2006 · 08:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hell YEAH.. I've been preparing a live gig already... My backpack will be stuffed with gear - only keeping some room for a toothbrush... And extra underwear... And a towel (I've heard once that when travelling, one should never forget to take a towel)

No room for strobes or a smoke machine in there though... But I hear you have disco lights.... That's atleast something! And if I plan my gig late at night, the fog from the lake make cause a natural mystical effect...

Anyway - as for a serious question - what's the maximum amount of dB we can produce?
#22September 15th, 2006 · 03:26 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
If I can talk Teedro into it
I would be some trouble but if Teedro could bring some (even half his gear) we could punch it up to 130 db easy .
Check this out ,. In ear monitors, Digital monitor boards with fx,  He has a 48 channel front main board (we wouldn't need that). Line array front mains all crown power and enough balls to push it hard(to hell with osha).

Just getting all this gear up there would be the problem. plus we need enough power to run it all. But  who knows we have a year to plan so you never know.
#23September 15th, 2006 · 10:21 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
lol you guys -  I do have neighbours!!!       

As long as we're not playing evil devil music (many of my neighbours are pretty christianly)  and we turn down the volume at 11 pm (sorry - local sound bylaws) everyone will be happy...

As for the power...uh...whatever's attached to my house...I've got breakers..so if we pop'em we can just turn down the power a bit and snap them back I think....
#24September 15th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
lol...the classic story of the rock n' rollers coming to town! Spoon is quite courageous! But it does sound like the makings of something truly great and memorable!
#25October 2nd, 2006 · 02:51 PM
11 posts
United States of America
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAA ROCK ON BABY!!!!!!!

This is a great opportunity to know all my favorite musicians, and learn something about you all, this is very good and really I gonna try to do my best to can go to the ampīs party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your invitation spoon   count on me!!!!!!!
#26October 6th, 2006 · 05:04 PM
4 posts
United States of America
i would love to come, but i don't think i will be able to. live can be so hectic! but it's a great idea! i love u all!
#27October 29th, 2006 · 03:11 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi Spoon
I would like to come to the party...I'm Really close ...as I live in Buffalo,NY...would be cool to meet some bandamper's...Hope it turns out...Thanks for the invite.....You should bring your Birth Certificate..If your driving from the USA... Customs Does require you to have it to enter Canada From The USA...Maybe a passport will do though
Flyer
#28October 29th, 2006 · 03:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: North American Bandamp Party!!!
OK LETS DO IT

FIX A DATE I'LL BE THERE
 SPLASH
#29November 4th, 2006 · 07:29 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Oh dang....no way I'll be there..........
Really sad now, I'll miss the oppurtuniy to meet PX and co. in person.
OSunds like a great party, wish i could be there.
#30November 10th, 2006 · 04:12 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
We would love to party!!!!!!!
We're there

Rod & Isa

PS Is the passport enough?
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.