1 2

#1January 31st, 2006 · 10:09 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
Prizes! Weee!
We'll be re-instating prizes again soon and we'll be looking for suggestions on what to give out so please post your ideas for what you'd like to win! Prizes should obviously be within reason because this is a non-profit organization so we're not just made of money (though sometimes we wish we were) so try to keep your suggestions in the under $150 range, though if the prize is worthy enough and if there's enough demand we might consider it. So what do you want to win? Tell us!
#2January 31st, 2006 · 11:02 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I think the best thing would be to offer small gear, i.e. audio interfaces.. Mic packages, software packages... and the occasional Ipod mini or equivalent.... maybe even an occasional guitar or keyboard.....   These are thinkgs that I know I would enjoy winning, and as this is an indie music forum, most here could always use more gear...   Just a thought....

JIMK
#3January 31st, 2006 · 11:22 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I could always use more gear... even though I have to keep some of it in storage already... lol....

hey, I doubt ever winning the battle though with so few people leaving votes!!!
#4January 31st, 2006 · 01:47 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
yeah, i think we need to fix the voting thing - add some sort of incentive or requirement that makes people vote more, especially since we'll be re-instating the prizes.
#5January 31st, 2006 · 09:39 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I VOTE!

hehe yes I think gear, the above suggested, would make fine prizes. I don't really know anything other than what PuppetXeno has told me about recording, so  some cool effect pedals would work great for me.
#6February 1st, 2006 · 06:18 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Prizes! Wheeee!
how about a night with your mates at the pub.............jammin
say 7 crates of beer?----or one each whichever is more!!!!
all beers on Bandamp? order by e-mail --global delivery is possible....try wallmart.com or tesco.com (home delivery)........i'm sure they would be glad of the trade

or for you singer/songwriters out there starved of inspiration i understand a bottle of jack daniels is just the ticket to rid u of the blues and/or writers block.
splash
the fish

#7February 4th, 2006 · 06:35 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Prizes!
I like those "Guitar Battle" picks that were a prize before, you have sent me 10 picks for a song Blues for my darling... Well, I gave away some of them, now I have only 1. That should be included, I hope I will win soon because I can't play if I don't have picks...
#8February 5th, 2006 · 07:48 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Germany
I´d agree with the gear ...
effekt-pedals, cheap guitars or maybe picks or strings for the last places
would be great ...

meetings with famous musicians would be delicious, but unrealistic, I think ...
I don´t know if they would be involved for young bands?!
#9February 5th, 2006 · 09:47 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
how's about a BBQ at Entheon's house??   Sounds like a plan.... We'll meet there February 18th, at 11am.... He will supply all the beer, all the ribs,chicken, and steak...   and he will also teach us all how to be great musicians....  

All right... hope to see you all there....    
                                       JimK

btw. Those picks sound cool....  Though I will never win any...
#10February 5th, 2006 · 03:07 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
BBQ invite
Good idea Jim, although it's a bit far for some of us.  Still, I'd best book the tickets - oh, and holiday from work. 

But seriously - if there are really gonna be prizes then small gear sounds good.  Leads, guitar straps, mikes, effect pedals, picks, pc related stuff such as soundcards or even software!

Well, now the 18th doesn't leave me much time......  oh dear, what to pack!?
#11February 5th, 2006 · 04:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: BBQ invite
Jiminuk wrote…
Well, now the 18th doesn't leave me much time......  oh dear, what to pack!?
:D

nothing man, entheon will provide everything... he's the prophet... remember?
#12February 7th, 2006 · 06:23 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Are prizes for the three first places?
Tell me that the prizes begins with February Battle! Cause this is the first time I probably can get a good place...

> Iszil
#13February 10th, 2006 · 04:13 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Yes. The 1st three place's will get prizes. This will be for the March Battle. I want to get all the newest bugs fixed + get the next newsletter out on time.

The 1st place prize is going to be the iPod Nano + BandAMP T-Shirt, cause that seems popular. The 2nd will be iPod Shuffle + BandAMP T-Shirt. The 3rd will be a BandAMP T-Shirt.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
http://www.cafepress.com/bandamp/

———

This will be the best prizes yet, so start working on your songs!

Spread the word.
#14February 10th, 2006 · 02:51 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Why don't start on February Battle with prizes?
Guess the best song I've done is competing on that battle, and I think I have a possibility to win at least a BandAMP T-Shirt, so please, start on February.

> Iszil
#15February 10th, 2006 · 05:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Realized I was competing against works of EducatedGuess, NateWazoo and JBP, so there's no chance to get a good place, so, don't mind about what I said, Mud.

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.