#1December 11th, 2005 · 01:09 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
The AMP™
Want to listen to music as you're browsing around the forum? Click on "The AMP" on the top right hand corner of the screen, alternatively you may go directly to this URL: http://www.bandamp.com/amp.html — Bookmark it!  Currently it will display either (A) your play-list, or if you have no playlist set (B) the Hall of Fame songs.

Any suggestions are welcome... Not entirely sure where this will be going, but it certainly is nice to be able to listen to music while you type your posts! Listen to some music and explore our other forums, and let us know what you think!
#2December 11th, 2005 · 01:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very, very cool -

well currently my playlist is a bit bare - but not empty
I'd love the option to listen to Hall of Fame songs instead, if that's possible - to have to option to switch between User Playlist and Hall of Fame?
#3December 11th, 2005 · 01:16 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Yeah, likewise — you got me working on bugs right now however

Was up for over 48 hours yesteday, so going to be a slow start today.

Also, have some other projects I've been working on @ the same time as BandAMP.
#4December 11th, 2005 · 09:11 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Aight, gonna add Hall of Fame — any other redefineds do you suppose?
#5December 12th, 2005 · 02:40 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Anyways, there is now "Hall of Fame" or "My Playlist" which you can select on the right hand side of the screen in "The AMP"... Think that's pretty good. Going to research whether I could get the amp to allow you to vote songs right in it... so you could vote for songs, and listen to the whole battle... Would be a good way to get more votes to you guys...
#6December 13th, 2005 · 08:02 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Yeh, I was going to suggest something like that. It would be cool to have an automatic playlist of songs that you have NOT voted for that month, then maybe provide a link to the playing song that opens up the review page for that song.

I thought that the list of new songs on MyHome showed only the songs that I have not rated - I started to rate some yesterday and they seemed to disappear from the list. Today however, they appear to be there again!
#7December 13th, 2005 · 06:07 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Daeljan wrote…
Yeh, I was going to suggest something like that. It would be cool to have an automatic playlist of songs that you have NOT voted for that month, then maybe provide a link to the playing song that opens up the review page for that song.

I thought that the list of new songs on MyHome showed only the songs that I have not rated - I started to rate some yesterday and they seemed to disappear from the list. Today however, they appear to be there again!

Hmm... would be even better if there was a way to rate the songs via The AMP... I'm talking with the folks @ wimpy to figure out whether it's possible, but losing hope in the current version... Otherwise, I'm not sure how people would get critiques + votes for there songs, if you're just listening to them in The AMP.... Not sure whether that makes sense or not.

BTW, thanks for reporting the problem on "My Home" — should be fixed now 
#8December 14th, 2005 · 04:21 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
It would be very convenient to rate songs via the amp, but then I think that songs would get more ratings and less critique - I personally prefer critique to ratings. There would need to be a way to allow the user to type in text too. But then, its always nice to be able to read what others have said before typing, hence we're back to something like the review page again.

Maybe if you could give a straight forward rating via The Amp, and it also provides a way of navigating to the review page for the song - then you could easily add the critique.

The Amp is great - I listen to the Hall Of Fame while I'm working and there are songs in there that I never listened to before - the quality of material here is really high!!
#9December 14th, 2005 · 07:40 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Hmmm... Well until there is an option with the wimpy flash software to embed links into the song listing, then I dont think it is a good idea to add the "songs you havent rated" to the amp... I've looked into it, and it's not going to be available for at least awhile.

Yeah, we really do have some great songs here
#10December 14th, 2005 · 09:02 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
You can now view other peoples playlists by viewing their profile...

e.g.: http://mud.bandamp.com/playlist.html

Just go to whoever's homepage you are interested in listening to their playlist, and click on "launch in the amp™"....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.