#1August 2nd, 2007 · 11:16 AM
5 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
United States of America
CrystalCherry
I want to basically expose this, i recently discovered she once had a profile here. I used to work on her "official" site. Me and here met via something called "Student Center" basically she was a singer who "just got a major deal" sound like bull to me, but she did get some type of minor deal, they released (limitedly) a single called "Sweet" which like tanked. I was making sure the site kept up, but then i decided to concentrate on my life and not heres, so i quit. The bitch flipped out! That was around 2004, a little bit before graduation. But Anywho, i think she started like doing covers with out permission of songs. Rather she completely ripped them off i am not sure.

Her name was brooke, she was from Portland,Oregon and her voice in my opinion wasnt that strong, as you can see in these song she has left. I heard the final cut of "Crystal Clear" and i was sure that wasnt her. Also she is 27, not 19 or however old she claimed to be. Just thought i'd shed some light on that.
#2August 2nd, 2007 · 12:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks for the info, we indeed figured out that the material she'd uploaded here was ripped from other artists. I.e. stolen recordings, not even covers.

It's good to hear confirmed that she was a bit of a l00n from someone who has been a bit "closer" to her. So thanks for sharing!

PX (mod)
#3August 2nd, 2007 · 01:10 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Oh, the Crystal Cherry debate.... it was great!!! 

She may not have released original material (actually, it was more sinister than that, as one song in particular was definitely another artist's work that had been electronically processed and was passed off as hers), but the ensuing argument was a great read!

Still, I wouldn't want it all to happen again - it's not exactly good publicity, eh!

Thanks for reminding us about her Parys.
#4August 2nd, 2007 · 01:22 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
so sad we must talk about that. ok it was funny but I dont wanna waste my time for a new CC discussion. isnt that worth it.
#5August 3rd, 2007 · 02:21 PM
20 posts
United States of America
Annoying as that character was, it was certainly interesting, I remember when it was all kicking off, people in other forums I was on at the time were talking about it and that is how I got introduced to here. I don't comment, but I do listen and enjoy what is done here.

Thanks CC
#6August 4th, 2007 · 02:03 PM
5 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
United States of America
no problem, i am sure the "sweet" song is somewhere out there. and the follow me song too. She did do a few live shows, but never to the grand scale as she wanted. She wanted to be beyonce, but she sounded like a grade c bif naked does pop
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.