#1May 9th, 2007 · 09:10 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
aargh.. I don't want to waste my 2000th post.. now look what you made me do!

Actually I'm a moderator here, and with my comment I merely tried to lighten upset minds a little (not just Rokit's and the other recent commenter's, but of all who take way too much offense by that song), to try to make them see things in a more rational, objective perspective. I miserably failed... But as mr. Rokit clearly wasn't trying to change his disposition, explicitly insulting yours truly's intelligence, plus stating he was going to leave and even claiming he wouldn't care about his account being disabled... I did what I had to do, and pressed the big red button... I'm usually a fairly easy going person with very high tolerance levels, but I do have to draw a line somewhere. I can be reasoned with, but insults will get nobody nowhere really fast.

So welcome, mrStrange... (or are you Rokit)... lol
#2May 9th, 2007 · 04:59 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I don't understand.

Pup didn't attack anybody. It's not his fault Rokit was biased, immature, and thoughtless, and misinterpreted PX's  post to the highest degree. I have seen time and time again people like him misinterpreting like that. You  would not believe how immature some people can be when they 'know' that they are right and you are wrong. For instance, I was accused of being a stupid American who was offended and my feathers all ruffled because of my post. Yet if you took the time to read my post and see it clearly, perhaps they would have understood my meaning. I think it is a shitty song, not because the lyrics are "offensive", but because I think that it was a shitty song, conceived written performed and recorded in the shittiest way possible.

I repeat; I DO NOT JUDGE SONGS BY THEIR LYRICS
Vocals, yes. Lyrics no.

I find the lyrics offensive, as I stated in my first post, because of their stereotypical nature, and obvious lack of thought and care while writing. They sucked, frankly. Certainly not everyone on these two continents known as the "Americas" should fuck off, nor should everyone in the U.S. fuck off, not everyone involved in the politics of the U.S. fuck off. They were certainly very ignorant.
However, I assure you they would be just as offensive if they were aimed at "Italy" or "Kazantzakistan" or "Albuquerque".
As I said in my post, I was not offended by these lyrics because I'm an American.

Please, I hope that that thread will serve as a lesson to people who might otherwise leave stupid, careless, thoughtless, ignorant posts.

No hard feelings, then
#3July 2nd, 2007 · 07:17 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
The Bandamp Way..
I just wanted to chime in on this..  As a Moderator myself. This is Bandamp.com, so, here, things are approached a bit differently than on other music sites. Songs that are of an offensive nature are not allowed. By that we mean, if it is just filled with derogatory comments about women or an ethnic group. As for something like the thread you chose in the initial post, well, one has  to truly listen to the lyric to understand. I am not offended by it as much as I am intrigued by the idea of it. But, that said, if you feel like you need to watch your back, this worries me, This is not a public forum, this is a private site, the rules that govern a public venue do not apply here, freedom of speech does not reside on a website, websites have rules posted by the owners, I am not the owner, I did not make the rules, I am simply an enforcer, please keep that in mind. Read the rules carefully, and you will see, the main rule is have fun, enjoy yourself, we are a very close knit, and tight community, and we enjoy spending time with each other on here. This is a website like no other....

JimK

Server Time: May 2nd, 2024 · 1:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.