#1November 9th, 2006 · 01:37 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
potential abuse- by me? attn: admins
I want to upload a rendition of Son House's blues classic "Downhearted Blues"-- covers are a staple of the blues.... and like Clapton's cover of "The Crossroads," my version has the lyrics of the original, but the music is 100% original

I tried uploading it, but the next day it was gone... of course, this was during the "Bandamp website redux," as it were....

so can I upload it? PLEASE?!! it's not like I want to upload a cover of a Linkin Park song... which would be gay... or a Led Zeppelin song... which would be hard to pull off...

to use Peter Griffin's reasoning:
c'mon! c'mon! c'mooooooooooooooooooon!
#2November 9th, 2006 · 07:25 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Covers are....
Allowed!

Surely we all want to hear your rendition....   Please upload it forthwith....  The only stipulation with covers are, they must NEVER be entered into a battle.... but, you may upload a cover tune.... This does not mean one can upload a Shania Twain song because they like it... but if they can perform the song, and sing the song, themselves, then they can upload that version... not Shania's version....  I hope that makes it clear enough...  I used Shania as an example because I like her voice so much... 

Jimk
#3November 13th, 2006 · 04:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah - I've heard your song, sounds very well done! Clearly not a 1:1 cover, and as it's blues - which is basically always a mix up of previously done licks and chord progressions - we can allow this.

For others: indeed, if you can truly perform a version of an existing song in an original arrangement, then covers are ok - but we don't want your karaoke attempts, let that be clear. Also I would personally still appreciate it if you'd always contact us before uploading any cover...

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.