#1August 22nd, 2006 · 11:04 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
Renditions?
Can we do renditions of songs like I did a rendition of layla with the same melody but i modified to with my own solos.  Plus the main melody has been changed a bit but still has a general sound of the song.  Plz respond cuz I don't want to be kicked off if i have a clarification issue
#2August 25th, 2006 · 12:11 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hmmm you would have to ask Eric Clapton... (I gather it's his "Layla" right)

Covers are by default disallowed. However if you clearly state in the song description that your upload is a cover that you just need to share, because you think you've done something very interesting to it, then I think it's okay to do so.. However one should be aware that we would rather not have covers on here... As said: legally, you DO require an official permission from the original artist (or representative )before you publish any song in any way, even if you're not making money from it (like here).

Personally I say: Go ahead, I'd like to hear it yeah, but that's me in non-moderator mode

In moderator mode switched on I'd say: hmmm... Ok but at the first sign of trouble, I'm gonna have to let you take it down!

I'm not expecting any trouble though.

Cheers.

PX (mod)
#3August 25th, 2006 · 02:19 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
Thnx I'll put it up
#4November 16th, 2006 · 10:23 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
excuse me, does the same apply to old songs which do no longer have a copyright (I mean old blues for example, elmore james or robert johnson)? jack
#5November 16th, 2006 · 11:05 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
if there are no copyrights attached to a piece of work, you can surely upload your own version. this also includes christmas carols etc.. we just don't want any problems with the RIAA!
#6February 17th, 2007 · 07:21 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Is putting a song up here considered a performance or a publication?

In general, you can safely perform a copyrighted work without legal issue.
#7February 17th, 2007 · 08:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
It's by all means a publication. One cannot publish copyrighted work without legal issue... But the more I look into it... The less problems I encounter around uploading (your own) covers of existing songs. This site is far from big enough to compromise any royalties income... And that's the only thing that really matters $$$$$
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.