1 2

#1March 30th, 2010 · 05:51 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Fais
Mods although Im a advocate for free speech and thoughts...I think Fais is running very close to a red line and needs a bit of guidance on what a friendly community means.I know Im no angel and I welcome guidance myself if its what needs to happen to get him to shape up his fucking attitude.Point made I hope!
M.
#2March 30th, 2010 · 06:27 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I'm with you Marino I normaly don't get involve with bickering but Fais is becoming a proper nuisance lately the kid needs to come down or sod off if I may say
I can understand hormones play a big part at that age but the constant arguing is getting more and more boring
He need to lerarn respect and quick or I won't be able to stay civil much longer
#3March 30th, 2010 · 08:45 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Okay, yeah, I've been watching this situation, and Mr Fais has taken an unfortunate and self-defeating direction in this community recently. His aberrant behaviors, have originated, however in his taking exception, or leveling a veiled criticism at a couple members, which is not a very serious crime in and of itself (even though both of those members are highly respected members of this community and close personal friends of most of us, including me). Some of the problem resulted however, in the thread-borne argument which ensued thereafter which apparently did not endear his position to the community. In response, he received considerable negative reinforcement from several members. He has attempted his own defense, which apparently hasn't convinced the community. Yet, he hasn't seen fit to publicly profess contrition. So therefore, it is possible he may have boxed himself in with his position. I notice he continues to log in (Hi Fais!), but has not contributed any more antagonisms for the past 24 hours or so. I've noticed some of the community's responses have become pretty strong and I would encourage this community to avoid over-reacting for fear of violating the very values we are trying to preserve...and I would add that, if anyone moves to actually  antagonize the situation, we can consider ourselves just as guilty as we may think he is. He is a fellow musician, after all, and deserves a chance to improve his approach. In summary, Mr. Fais, I would strongly suggest you consider another (less antagonistic) style of interaction here. I will continue to monitor the situation.....
#4March 30th, 2010 · 10:51 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Hi,

Thanks battlecat for that. You've hit a lot of good points. Points which I will take into serious consideration. One of them being about me signing in, but not lowering myself to certain members immature comments. I feel short, sarcastic responses seem fitting for these types of situations. Especially with Marino...
I'm still waiting for that ass 'whipping' 

Anywho....I find solace in the fact that I can't express how I feel about certain things (ie Denis' thread) without being called immature or accused of having an 'attitude'. It's a very perplexing logic.
Am I going to apologize? Well, I have to stop and ask myself 'for what exactly?'. Should I apologize for supposed 'rude' comments, when certain members have done the same? Hmm!
Are my feelings hurt? Not at all. Do I care? It depends. But, in any situation, I still don't feel the need to apologize. If anymore questions or comments are needed, I'm sure no more threads need to be created...a simple PM would suffice.

Thank You.
#5March 31st, 2010 · 02:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
fais54 wrote…
Hi,

Thanks battlecat for that. You've hit a lot of good points. Points which I will take into serious consideration. One of them being about me signing in, but not lowering myself to certain members immature comments. I feel short, sarcastic responses seem fitting for these types of situations. Especially with Marino...
I'm still waiting for that ass 'whipping'  

Anywho....I find solace in the fact that I can't express how I feel about certain things (ie Denis' thread) without being called immature or accused of having an 'attitude'. It's a very perplexing logic.
Am I going to apologize? Well, I have to stop and ask myself 'for what exactly?'. Should I apologize for supposed 'rude' comments, when certain members have done the same? Hmm!
Are my feelings hurt? Not at all. Do I care? It depends. But, in any situation, I still don't feel the need to apologize. If anymore questions or comments are needed, I'm sure no more threads need to be created...a simple PM would suffice.

Thank You.

Dear fais,

I think sarcasm just doesn't have a place on this site. Unless it's intentionally meant to poke a little fun... malicious sarcasm usually raises people's hairs on their backs. In other words, don't do it.

You seem to have put yourself on a pedestal of some kind, fais. You seem to believe you stand fully in your right with the behaviour you have displayed, and you failed to pick up signals telling you otherwise. In your very reply to an abuse report you claim you don't feel the need to apologize... This effect makes you come off as a little arrogant, to say the least. Or is this logic very perplexing aswell?

As you should be able to figure out, you fall a little short on support... Now just say you're sorry and go on being a little bit more respectful in the future. Other members have feelings too, yours are not the only ones that matter. Now please step off from your pedestal and level out a little.

thank you.
#6March 31st, 2010 · 05:09 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I just think Fais is young man with a lot of spirit, we were all teenagers at one point, nobody is perfect in this world, we are all learning, I'm not upset about his comments in the Kings thread I created.

So I think the mature members here should guide him not provoke the situation, it will only make it worse.

Anyway, sad as it may seem it's topics like this that keep us active....lol

So Fais, just keep being yourself don't loose that spirit, it's what makes things happen.

My Mum and Dad are a classic example, They hardly agree with each other, my mum is eighty and only looks middle aged, her mind is very active and still lives life to the full, up and till recently my Dad thought he was going to live forever...bless him.  So my point is never dampen peoples spirit, it's the fuel that drives us forward to achieve our desires. OK you have to draw the line somewhere, but in Fais case he is is just a normal Teenager with huge spirit.

bandAMP
#7March 31st, 2010 · 02:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmmm

a worthy sentiment perhaps
for some......
specially the say NOWT!!!!

?? Fish
#8March 31st, 2010 · 02:58 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
or ..........
[quote]

occasionally holier than thou .....hahaha 
fish
#9March 31st, 2010 · 05:46 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Fais you must be getting off pretty good on this ride...Im sure such attention to just you is the best feeling you ever gotten.Just out of respect for the other members for me you can go and enjoy your success in your dilution of grandiosity...You are crystal clear in your behavior and sir I would suggest you become a third person and read yourself or rather your own words..Wait that might even be beyond you! Nevermind.. 

Topic end for me,your no worth my time,thoughts and effort.Its on the Mods hands now!
#10March 31st, 2010 · 07:11 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
As I said before, you became truly annoying to read, Fais.
I've seen in other forums an "Ignore" option. This would help to avoid pointless discussions here.
Just chill out, mate.

> Iszil
#11March 31st, 2010 · 07:53 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I think we've all learned an important lesson today.
#12March 31st, 2010 · 08:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Just in case you didn't know, "we"=/= "I".
#13March 31st, 2010 · 08:03 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I was being sarcastic. As in nothing was learned from all of this.
#14March 31st, 2010 · 08:04 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Idem.
#15March 31st, 2010 · 08:09 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
And with all that said, thank you everyone for your opinions. They're all great.
Topic end for me as well.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.