#1November 3rd, 2006 · 04:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
jeez that sounds like the ultra nightmare, nobster! I would have walked off the stage for sure and blame everybody else and quit the band instantly.

And dodo, you're right about all you said. Make fans, not friends! Friends don't buy your album, they expect you to give it to them for free! In fact, they don't listen to your music to groove to it, they just want to criticize you to little bits and tell you it was "really well done, but just not my style, and frankly I think it isn't ANYBODY's style, so have you thought of any serious carreer moves lately?"

hum ho.. the mirror. Well in preparation for my latest project I've been using a video camera to see what I look like doin' my thing. I actually found out about how stupid is looks when I don't shut my mouth immediately after singing a phrase.

I've always tried to connect to the audience, the only thing I'm iffy about it the intro speech. Just don't know where to start - this all depends on the mood of the night itself. "Like uh.. Hi guys..." isn't much of anything...
For sure, I'm gonna introduce myself, and have given my robotic band members (the gear I use to back me up) names, and will introduce them as such aswell, and give the audience a quick demonstration of "how I do that thing", secretly starting the actual performance with this... And after that just go on as if I'm doing a presentation (which it eventually is). I will not forget to mention that the audience should "feel free to dance, have a beer, a conversation, or listen to some good music!" in between songs... And I'll be wearing some special stage clothing so I stand out of the crowd more... I dyed a lab coat I stole from work, black... I'll be wearing a hat and yellow-teinted glasses that heighten the contrast of my view, so I can work my machines better... And with all that I'm just being me, not taking "no" for an answer, though with ears and eyes opened wide.

Like "OK guys... I told you I was in a retro mood tonight... So I'm gonna take you all back to the time I was still satanist... Now, this is all for fun, so don't freak out on me now, but this used to be a ceremonial tune when we did in '96... " (starts The Foreplay Electric) "I guess you liked that :)"

... and so forth...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 3rd, 2024 · 4:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.