#1November 3rd, 2006 · 12:21 PM
6 threads
138 posts
India
oh.......yes!!!! preparation is very important......'correction' the most important thing before you get on stage. to be very frank i learned it the hard way. i freshly remember the time i had gone up on the stage without any preparation what-so-ever.

here's the epic incident :
our lead guitarist and the bassist,notified us weeks before that they would not be able to make it to the show. don't know why me opted to go ahead with it along with the rest of the band (i still think its got something to do with all the cola i drank the night before i gave a go-ahead to the band). anyway where was i........we got a bassist who agreed to play for us. to make it short with out our key members out of the scenario we practiced new songs "easy ones" and made ourselves ready for doom's day. on the final day there were tons of problems. the van that had to transport the drums broke down. we reached the venue just an hour before the show. the guy mixing/handling the sound system was a lunatic.......i could bet you my arm, he for sure had Cotton stuffed in his ears......boy he could not understand a thing i said. just before the event we decided to do one more song as the organizers told us that we had to be on stage for a bit more longer. finally it started, i could feel the dizziness rush through my body. the drummer did not hear a thing and so the tempo began to alter arrrrrrr. the vocalist missed his lines his face changed. we made sure to look like fools who didn't know what they are doing. i just stood like a pillar made of rotten sand......if you get what i mean. the audience just stared at us.......they looked at us as if living creatures had just arrived from that cold place........pluto.

i recall my self......feel like a total idiot i could have sworn with my foot in my mouth that if i had a gun in my pocket at that moment i would have shot my self on the thigh and then the next bullet would have gone into my pea brains. boy i did not know what on earth i was doing there......i had no physical moment what so ever.......did not dare make an eye contact with the audience......as spoon wrote, was making all those goofy facial expressions......i had no attitude of my own......in-fact i was not me. i could imagine myself looking like a complete jerk standing there like a dead man. if the audience had eggs and tomatoes with them they would be all the more delighted showering them on us.

had i practiced and prepared in front of a mirror none of this would have happened to me.

thus the moral of the story is that you must think before you go up there. sit back think analyze practice be sure of what you are going to be doing when you are going live or else doomsday might come your way
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.