#1November 16th, 2009 · 07:16 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I learned a lot from that small tutorial. One problem though, I'm using FL Studio 9 (demo) and I've got a whackload of extra buttons on the top bar... Also, the piano roll input doesn't work for me; when I "draw" in a little green box, it only lets me stack on more bars on that same note - is there something that I have to change in order to remove that kind of lock? (I want to input more green bars instead of just the small one or "stacking"...)

Sorry, I had a really "gradeschool" vocabulary choice in asking my question. Anyways, thanks for the quick guide!

--XFactor--
#2November 17th, 2009 · 01:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Went looking for a screen shot, found this one :
http://www.sound-unsound.com/forums/news-reviews/3342-fl-studio-9-arrives-better-performance-more-toys-more-editing.html

It seams the buttons on the pianoroll are still there

XFactor wrote…
I learned a lot from that small tutorial. One problem though, I'm using FL Studio 9 (demo) and I've got a whackload of extra buttons on the top bar... Also, the piano roll input doesn't work for me; when I "draw" in a little green box, it only lets me stack on more bars on that same note - is there something that I have to change in order to remove that kind of lock? (I want to input more green bars instead of just the small one or "stacking"...)

Sorry, I had a really "gradeschool" vocabulary choice in asking my question. Anyways, thanks for the quick guide!

--XFactor--

Like WDK says ... play with the buttons ot the top top right of the piano roll; draw, delete, select etc, and try Ctrl+click or Alt+click / drag , this works in Cubase and Wavelab. You can also hover over a block or 'red selection' of more than one block, the icon will change depending where you hover, and you should be able to drag the block longer or shorter.
And dont forget the 'note properties': velocity, pan, release etc by clicking the gray 'empty' space bottom left of the piano roll.   
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.