#1June 16th, 2009 · 05:56 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've just checked this out in the FL bible , FL bible is written around FL 5 so some things might have changed but only for the better I presume.

OK bible says that "If you would like to have automation date that is not associated with a pattern block, use Automation clips"

So Automation clips work on a selected portion of the song as you have shown above and appear on an Audio channel in the Playlist.
Automation Events (Right click context menu : Edit Events...) are associated with and are a part of a pattern block, though they can have their own channel and are drawn in with the pencil as normal playlist blocks, which is handy if you only want a certain automated event at certain points in the song. As compared to having the automation event 'stuck' to a pattern block (channel) and that it works at every instance of the (bass?) pattern block in the playlist.

Bible says that Automation Clips cannot be recorded live and must be input manually. And judging by what I read (cheers Minds ) Automated Events seam to be more 'powerful' when it comes to recording and editing even if they are a little illusive ..... to start with !

Because Automated Clips appear in an Audio Playlist channel they are more versatile and 'hands on', they can be stretched, cut up and split.......Right clicking on the Automation curve line splits the line and creates another 'curve edit point'....... that is not in the Bible.....or above , I just found that out ! lol

So Automated Events are pattern blocks and you need to go back to the automated knob and right click to 'Edit Events' every time you want to change something.
Automated Clips are audio parts and are displayed in the Playlists audio channels.
Both are very powerful tools ........ tweak at will.   
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.