#1September 23rd, 2010 · 01:23 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
I'm glad to find this thread.

I've taken to sketching the number of syllables each melodic line could fit.  It's usually a range of numbers, the maximum number for strictly syllabic singing, and a lower number for melismatic singing -- you could in theory have just one syllable on one melodic line if you want to get medieval, right?   

Then as I write or edit the lyrics for that tune, I can stretch or squeeze for effect.  I won't claim that I'm really good at this yet, but it's something I try to do.
#2September 24th, 2010 · 01:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
studentofrhythm wrote…
I'm glad to find this thread.

I've taken to sketching the number of syllables each melodic line could fit.  It's usually a range of numbers, the maximum number for strictly syllabic singing, and a lower number for melismatic singing -- you could in theory have just one syllable on one melodic line if you want to get medieval, right?   

Then as I write or edit the lyrics for that tune, I can stretch or squeeze for effect.  I won't claim that I'm really good at this yet, but it's something I try to do.

Have a look on the home page of bandAMP there are some many tutorials created by member DTF, the last few have been on lyrics...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.