#1August 12th, 2016 · 05:54 PM
208 threads / 64 songs
2,289 posts
United Kingdom
The Lanchester

This song is not in a battle

So this is a bit different!!!

this is a midi rendition of a march i have written for my Brass Band here in the UK.
Written on Sibelius notation software. And audio transferred from that.
No production values please....the volumes are a bit way out!!

Ive asked the band members to come to this site and hear it before I present it to them for rehearsal.
I was originally inspired by this clip from "those magnificent men and their flying machines" film
check it out!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFj_vq3cwk

HELLO to anyone from Lanchester Brass Band .........welcome!!!
This is a bit different???
BTW its a little under tempo!! And still work in progress.....not finished!!!
But thought u might enjoy
Please feel free to listen to my other trax  http://swordfish.bandamp.com/music.html
Crossing the States is a great place to start!

John T aka "swordfish"

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 13th, 2016 · 11:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,355 posts
United Kingdom
Great Stuff, and a little humour shown in swordie style.

Please record the band live so we can compare, does not have to be a pro recording, or better still a YouTube job
#3August 15th, 2016 · 05:29 PM
125 threads / 31 songs
1,410 posts
United States of America
The sound of this live is going to be powerful!  I agree about a recording.  Also... I think your inspiration material is pretty fantastic.  Sometimes those simple things strike you in the right way.  Pay attention to everything and you will never run dry of ideas.

What kind of timeline does something like this take to teach and then prepare for performance?
#4August 16th, 2016 · 04:52 PM
208 threads / 64 songs
2,289 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
The sound of this live is going to be powerful!  I agree about a recording.  Also... I think your inspiration material is pretty fantastic.  Sometimes those simple things strike you in the right way.  Pay attention to everything and you will never run dry of ideas.

What kind of timeline does something like this take to teach and then prepare for performance?

well ...... I hope to have something done by December say....

The band is amateur and on summer break .....This piece is not a priority for them as they do contests and community concerts .... so ......by Christmas I hope.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: October 21st, 2017 · 11:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.