#1December 22nd, 2008 · 04:56 PM
129 threads / 33 songs
1,412 posts
United States of America
Holidays are for the Lonely

This song is not in a battle

I ask forgiveness for not working on the rewrite for a little while

And even more than that, I ask forgiveness for having been sick during the time that I tried to record this!! 

It's obvious throughout the song that it was recorded in segments, over several days as I had time to work on it.  So sorry for some out of wack notes on my voice and some ugly musical transitions.  Consider this an idea track    2nd chorus will eventually have some slightly different words.  Outro will have a few words as well, but will stay mostly instrumental.

Lyrics

[verse1]
My first impression of all of you is
"Hey, hey, this isn't so bad."
Thoughts and perceptions endure so long.
But what do I have but my life on track?
What do I have but a quiet wish?

I wake up.
I've got to stop this hopeless mess you see before you.
One day friends will just be friends and not decay.

[chorus]
Sometimes all we get for trying is a botched graduation and we're good to go
Two cups sugar and admiration...
Just looking for the one who can see that I'm starving
It's Thursday night, with no Weekend cure
It's funny how I thought I had left this time and time again
I can see... I can see
I've got a question worth dying for,
and a pen and a predicate:
Am I the one you were looking for?
'cause you're the one can smile in the pouring rain
And I've decided that holidays are for the lonely
Holidays are for the lonely

[verse2]
Hey, you know, when the snow comes down,
there's a hush...
And I know that there's someone out there who feels the same way.
Tell me one day that I'll find you safely far from flashy signs and daring, dashing, overpriced things that are just too far away from the ones I love
I'll just never know until I meet you

[chorus again]

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 16th, 2009 · 04:43 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I cant believe that this is the first comment to this song TLS.. I like your creativity..always very unique..I think that adding another layering track would bring out the fullness of this a lot..I did notice that its recorded in segments...but , it didn't take away from the recording..
Holidays are for the lonely..lol
nice lyrics..I do like "Tell me one day that I'll find you safely far from flashy signs and daring, dashing, overpriced things that are just too far away from the ones I love"

nice work..& rating
#3May 16th, 2009 · 05:56 PM
129 threads / 33 songs
1,412 posts
United States of America
re: ..
FLYER7747 wrote…
I cant believe that this is the first comment to this song TLS

Heh-- I've been so involved with the site redesign that I've neglected commenting on others' work.  So, I couldn't expect anybody to come rushing to it, and getting mad over it would have been ridiculous!

I thank you for the suggestions.  I've had some time to experiment with it since the time of writing.  There are some things that I want to bring out better, others I'd rather suppress.

You're right about thickening it up a bit.  I write music as if I had a full band, but I've only got one guitar   Naturally, it comes out very "busy", yet somehow lacking.  I've been trying to decide how to fix this.  I hesitate to use drums at all, unless I go the full 9 yards and get a full band on it.

Again-- thanks Maybe I'll have a new recording of it within a few months!
#4May 19th, 2009 · 08:18 PM
127 threads / 43 songs
2,808 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes this is quite you..Strange how some artist just seem to have this sort of signature sound and style unique to only them ..Youre very creative in both lyrics and music arrangement...The only suggestion I have and might go against your style of song writing is to maybe organize the parts so they have some more melodic hooks as it sounds a bit random.I think you could retain the music the same but organize the lyrics so they kinda flow together with a rhythm of sorts,that could be the hook right there..
#5May 20th, 2009 · 01:59 AM
129 threads / 33 songs
1,412 posts
United States of America
I agree with you, Marino, in that I should come up with some nice ways to put it all together.  It has been one of those things where I had a couple of ideas that I liked, and tried to push them together without much attention to key signature (and arguably 'rhythm' as well).

Since the time of the recording, I've been trying to draw on a bit of inspiration that I've found in other artists.  I may not make another attempt at this right away, but after another song or two, I'd very much like to have another shot at it.

Thanks for the comments!
#6May 20th, 2009 · 12:27 PM
186 threads / 27 songs
2,774 posts
Germany
yep! origin!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: January 23rd, 2018 · 2:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.