#1July 5th, 2008 · 11:16 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Years Ago

This song is not in a battle

One of the first, and so far only, songs that I've created. Its not really a song in the normal sense of "Here's a melody and a the verse and chorus" etc, but rather more mood manipulation, I suppose. I used this song to learn a lot about how to create music in FL Studio, and it helped a lot doing so.

I admit its repetitive at times and seems to drag on for a while, but if you have it on in the background and chill I think it serves its purpose of being rather meditative. It may help to share the mental imagery I had while making this song, since I feel it kind of paints a picture. Its just a memory I had of when I was younger, walking through a wooded area between sparse rain showers and listening to the water drip from the leaves of the trees and the birds communicating about finding a shelter or whatever else. Just a quiet, thoughtful walk through a park between light summer showers.

Let me know what you think! I don't know much (or anything, really) about musical composition and arrangement, so I know I have much to learn about layering and things like that. Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 5th, 2008 · 11:27 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Nice. Very eerie soundscape, love the panning.

The main synth seems to be clipping a bit, try some compression.

As far as composition, this thing is screaming for a really deep bass to come in at some point, with the strings.
#3July 6th, 2008 · 01:02 AM
127 threads / 43 songs
2,808 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice sound scape indeed..really enjoyed the listen..Mix is quite present and solid...The sound placement is real good too...Nice layering..Very good job..Sounds to me like you know what your doing!
#4July 7th, 2008 · 11:03 AM
340 threads / 59 songs
4,344 posts
United Kingdom
My first thought listening to this is that it could easily be cut up into a sound theme for some far future Windows OS ! A very cool musical scape.
My only comment is on the 'noise' recorded with the birds. It could be rain ! But a cleaner sound would fit the whole 'peace' better.
I agree that it needs a bass sound but only if you were to make it a fully fledged song, from the scene it creates it could definitely burst into an amazing song, female vocal samples and all!
#5July 7th, 2008 · 11:37 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United States of America
I like this track...

I'm using today to improv over....

Thank you for the post!
#6July 7th, 2008 · 01:40 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the replies! Funny thing about the bass, there should be some, but those frequencies seem to have been lost completely when I exported the MP3 from FL Studio. The strings at the end have a deep low end, but it is lost in the MP3 for some reason. Still learning about exporting, I suppose.

I feel the same way about having female vocals, I am trying to find someone who can fill that role for me, haven't had much luck so far, lol.
#7July 8th, 2008 · 03:01 AM
340 threads / 59 songs
4,344 posts
United Kingdom
H4T , I posted a link in the pit , with you in mind , if you cant find a singer you could pick up some original samples from there : http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/11629.html
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 18th, 2019 · 4:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.